Before you look....these next 2 pictures are going to be evil to all you dieters.....there, I warned you.....
Before I started this hard core dieting 2 1/2 weeks ago, I made a "rule" that I would be allowed ONE sweet a week. So, I made Sunday's my sweets day, because that is when our family has Family Home Evening and I would be making treats anyway! The first Sunday on my diet, we had warm brownies with vanilla ice cream on top, the second Sunday on my diet we had Mint Chocolate Chip Oreo Ice Cream Pie, and so with this Sunday coming around I've been thinking and thinking about what I really want for my treat. I have been craving Cold Stone ice cream for weeks, so I was totally going to make tonight my sweets night and get it.....then I read some facebook comments about how I was "motivating" some of my former high school classmates, and that gave me strength to say no to ice cream tonight!
One of the things that has really kept me going, is having people around me that know my goals and that know of my ONE sweet a week rule! I love that my friends are honest enough to tell me how it is. For example, I texted my friend today and told her that I might just jaunt on over to Cold Stone tonight and indulge my sweet tooth....she texted back and said, "...which do u like more....losing weight or cold stone?" (Thank you, you know who you are, you really got me thinking!) That got me thinking that, yeah, I guess I do like losing weight more than ice cream, and I can hold out until my sweet day!
So, while this ice cream is still on the back of my mind, so is my diet and my exercise, and I'm soooo excited to get on the scale tomorrow and see if I broke that 182!!!!!
On to the other topic, some of my friends were wondering how and what I eat on the Zone Diet. So here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: packet oatmeal, 2 eggs, banana, 2 slices of deli turkey, 12 cashews
Snack: 1/2 cup grapes, 1 oz. cheese, 3 almonds
Lunch: 1/2 apple, 4 oz. grilled chicken, 1 slice break with 1 tsp. Adams All-Natural Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup blueberries, 6 almonds
Snack: plum, 1 slice deli turkey, 3 cashews
Dinner: Protein Shake (1 banana, scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tsp. peanut butter, 1 cup soy milk, ice), 3 slices of turkey bacon, 1/4 cup cottage chz, 6 almonds
No, my kids and husband do not eat this way, just me! I used the excuse before I started this diet that I didn't want to have to cook more than one thing per meal, but the reality is, you're gonna have to. I've gotten used to it now. And really, it's not all that difficult. For example, my family had oatmeal, nuts, and bananas for breakfast (almost the same as me).....my family's lunch was completely different.......and my family had waffles for dinner. It really isn't that hard, give it a try. My thinking is, "I'm doing this for me, and it's working!"
I'm not perfect in this diet yet, I realize that I need to eat more veggies and I'm beginning to listen to my body after I eat certain things.
So, girls, (you know who you are), my advice is to find the right diet for you, whether that be the Zone or another diet. Research it....don't starve yourself.....eat healthy, unprocessed foods, pay attention to ingredients in what you are eating, and give yourself a break every now and then.
If you'd like to know more, email me, kristawoodstock@gmail.com.....for now, I'm off for my nightly snack before I zonk on my pillow! Good night!



No comments:
Post a Comment