So....I came across this statement from P90X guru, Tony Horton! I loved it so much (and felt so much truth to it) that I wanted to post it!
Remember that your goal isn't just about achieving physical fitness; it is about developing emotional fitness. You can lose all the weight you want, but unless you have resolved and confronted your emotional issues, you will never truly be satisfied or content with yourself.
I think I may have some emotional issues that I haven't addressed yet, because even though I've gone down 2 pant sizes (yep, that's right), lost 18 pounds since starting Crossfit (18 POUNDS!), and I've gotten so many compliments about how good I'm looking....I still am not completely happy about myself and my mood is quite sour sometimes.
I kind of feel like I'm bearing my soul here, but just from watching "The Biggest Loser" and seeing the emotional breakdowns that each and every contestant has, I truly believe that there are deep down emotional issues in each of us. So, my struggle now is finding and resolving those emotional triggers that make me over-eat.
That being said, I have had a very off-week. I honestly haven't even cared about being diligent in my diet. I need to find that groove again that I had at the beginning of my diet. Scratch that, I don't like to call my new eating habits a diet...I HATE THE WORD DIET...instead I'll call it my lifestyle change. I've been allowing myself more sweets, just because I think I deserve it. I haven't felt like cooking, so we've been taking the easy way out and going out to eat....the number one no-no when you're trying to lose weight.
As I sit here and write this, I so want to go and get something yummy to eat, but I'm fighting that urge. I'm fighting it because I really want to get to my goal by Thanksgiving of 175 lbs.
Then I want to get to my goal by Christmas of 168 lbs. I really want to see my family and friends and have them be in shock from how different I look! That is truly what drives me right now.
One thing I need to remind myself of right now, especially with the grumpy mood I've been in today...........HAPPY GIRLS ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS!

No comments:
Post a Comment