Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Motivation

I realize I haven't been dedicated enough to this blog, and I want to be better.  I've been shocked at the people that have told me that they read my blog and that it motivates them to make a change in their life.  Seriously?  Me?  I motivate people?  I have a hard time motivating myself most days.  Most people, and even my husband, think that it is easy for me to get out of bed every morning at 5:15 and go to crossfit, so religiously.  It's not.  But, I do it every day because I love the feeling I get and the sense of accomplishment I feel after every workout.  I love pushing myself in my crossfit workouts, and granted, I am terrified to push myself in some areas for fear that I will humiliate myself. 

When I first started crossfit, I used to only be able to do the WOD (Workout of the day) and then I was so exhausted I couldn't do any kind of exercise the rest of the day.  Today, I did the WOD and then went for a 3 1/2 mile speed walk around my neighborhood.  I can totally feel the change my body has taken in the past year.  I have more energy.  I have more confidence.  I am not as scared to try new things.  Not as scared of what other people will think of me.  I could go on and on.  But most importantly, I have energy to play with my boys, to help make their lives (and mine) more full and fun!

It's 8:00 a.m., and now that my workout for the day is done, I have the entire day to relax, play, craft, swim, clean (of course...I am a mom), and maybe sneak in a nap ;) 

There are a few things that have been motivating me lately......I have been listening to podcasts lately, one in particular, Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone.  There are so many motivating words on there.  The other thing that motivates me lately, is other weight-loss blogs.  I love hearing about other people's trials and pitfalls and accomplishments.  And I love how we're all human and slip up sometimes, but what's important is that we get right back on track. 

So, I'm off to have my handful of almonds and my protein shake (probably my favorite breakfast). 

No comments:

Post a Comment