Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back to the Basics!

First of all, I can't believe I'm going to post some of this stuff, but I really want this blog to be honest and completely real.....so with that being said, here goes.

Back in April, I won the Biggest Loser and was at my lowest weight of 161 pounds.  Well, now, about 3 months later, I am back up to 175.  I gained 14 pounds in a short 12 weeks.  Embarrassing.  Like I said, I want to keep this blog real.  I could've just acted like everything was perfect and I was still at my all-time low, but it's not.

Life has a way of hitting you in the butt when you don't pay attention.  I've been using the excuse, "I just want to enjoy life."  "I want to be able to eat what I want during the summer....it's funner that way."  I've lived with this mentality for 3 months now and what do I have to show for it?  14 pounds!  Tonight, I decided it's time to get back to the basics, and start over with what has worked for me in the past. 

When I lost all my weight for the Biggest Loser contest, I followed the Zone Diet very strictly.  It worked for me and I loved the diet.  I'm not going back to the Zone, well, not completely.  I feel like I know what foods I can eat.  The basic that I am going back to is writing down everything I will eat the next day, the night before.  I did this when I first started the Biggest Loser Diet and it worked wonders.  Being a mom of 3 kids and a wife to a wonderful man, there's not a lot of time for counting calories and thinking during the day, so that's why this works for me.  If I have a list right there in front of me, I don't have to think.  So my plan is to sit down for 10 minutes every night and write down my menu for the next day.  This is the only change I am making this week.  Next week I will work on a new change, but for now I'd like to get this one down pat. 

Keep following me and keep me honest.  I'll be weighing-in every Saturday morning.  I'm setting my 2 week goal right here on this blog, right now:

In 2 weeks, by Saturday, August 13th, I want to have lost 6 pounds.  I want to weigh-in at 169!  If I make that goal, I'm not going to reward myself with food, I'm going to reward myself with a new shirt!  I love clothes shopping and I desperately need some updated clothes.  So there you have it!  Goal set!

No comments:

Post a Comment