I've kind of been feeling like Chicken Little these past few days. See, our family went on a week long vacation to Disneyland this past week and I ate like crap....seriously, I didn't even think about what I put in my mouth, and it was heavenly. Then we got home and I got on the scale and literally gasped. I gained 10 pounds while on vacay. Yikes!!!! That was Monday....I weighed in at 177. Tuesday morning I started back at Crossfit.....it's Thursday today and I'm back to 168. Yes, I know my last official weigh-in (over there on the sidebar) was 161. Yes, I gained a few pounds since the closing of the biggest loser.....and yes, I'm frustrated with myself.......but I keep telling myself, every morning, today is a new day, today is a new day.......
My hubby and I are doing this weight-loss and fat-loss thing together this summer. We are both following the Paleo diet. He's following it very strictly, with no fruit because he wants to lose fat faster. I'm following it and allowing myself 2-3 fruit servings per day. At first we thought getting in all our protein would be tough but it's been so easy. Let me give you a quick run-down on a day's eating for me:
*Crossfit
*16 oz. of chocolate protein shake (46 grams of protein) I just take my protein shake to crossfit with me, keep it in the fridge, and drink it after my workout.
*Breakfast-one egg (6 grams of protein), 3 slices of turkey bacon (9 grams of protein), almonds or almond butter (6 grams of protein)
Update: so before lunch, I've already had 67 grams of protein.....I need to have 113 grams of protein a day.
Let's continue.....
*Lunch-I usually eat some chicken (30 grams of protein) with veggies or a salad.
*snack-1/2 apple with carrots and hummus and a handful of almonds OR a Larabar (have you tried these yet? They are delicious and a perfect snack to throw in your purse when you're on the go. My 3 year old loves them!) Larabar's are basically a fruit and nut bar....anywhere from 4-6 grams of protein in one bar.
*Dinner-2 grilled fish (46 grams of protein), OR chicken (30 grams of protein) OR grilled turkey (26 grams of protein), with a salad and lots of veggies
Update: so by the end of dinner I've had 127-146 grams of protein.
The hardest part of my day is between lunch and dinner, and I always get the munchies around 8:00 p.m. But my hubby and I decided to stop our eating by 8:00, so I just get a 5 calorie stick of gum (our newest flavors here at home are watermelon and green apple) and that stick of gum satisfies my sweet craving until I turn in for the night around 9:30 or 10:00.
The best part of this diet is you get a cheat day.......our day is Saturday, which means 2 more days and we get to cheat. So far, I feel wonderful, have energy (I would probably have more energy if I would get more sleep....hahahahaha), and I'm doing pretty good at crossfit :)
So, now that you know my life story, what are some of the things all of you are doing to get back on track?????

No comments:
Post a Comment