![]() |
| This was my dinner last night.......280 calories.......Tilapia with salsa on top, salad with cabbage and spinach and sliced almonds and craisins, and steamed carrots. The other thing that has gotten me re-motivated is this guy's weight-loss blog: www.bendoeslife.tumblr.com I've been reading about his journey and I've realized that I'm doing a lot of things right, I just haven't been sticking with it long enough. Just reading about his success gives me courage to make my own success. So, I've made a few changes to my journey: 1. I'm putting the scale away during the week and I'll be weighing-in every Saturday morning. 2. Even though this next one will be a pain in the butt, it'll be worth it: I will be making my own dinner aside from the dinner I make my family every night. 3. I will be allowing myself one cheat meal per week.....that meal will most always be Saturday nights. 4. I will be allowing myself one date night treat per week (because who loves going to a movie without candy and popcorn?) and I will be allowing myself one treat on Sunday night's for our Family Home Evening treat. 5. I will be drinking 10 cups of water per day. (When I first started this, it was amazingly hard, but I've got it now. I've got this cool little cup (thanks to my friend Deb) that I always have filled with cold water. I drink one per meal....that's 2 cups per meal.....and I drink one before breakfast, and one after my workout.) 6. I will be running 3 days a week to train for a 5k. Monday and Wednesday after my regular Crossfit workout, & Saturday mornings. 7. I will be taking 1 day off per week (not including Sundays) from exercise to recuperate. Most often those days will be Fridays, but that could change. 8. 2 pounds per week is my healthy goal. Let's do this!!!!!! |
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Yay! The motivation is back again!!!!!
Hey all! Yes, it's true, my motivation and dedication is back on track! I couldn't be happier! You wanna know what changed everything? Going back to the Zone Diet. Yep. I love love love the zone diet! The only thing really different from the way I usually eat and the Zone Diet is the good fats I incorporate while on the zone. And you wanna know what.....I added up my calories from what I ate yesterday on the Zone and my calories were right around the range I was going for when I was adding calories. Big time bonus! The zone diet is a lifestyle I find easy to follow so I'm sticking with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You are doing so awesome. I really should start running with you on Saturdays. I haven't ran in months and I am going to be in a world of hurt when we have to at Crossfit. If you don't mind and you are running outside let me know.
ReplyDelete