Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sugar addiction...a confession

You'll notice I changed the title of this blog......it's true......I'm a SUGARholic. I read something a few days ago by Tony Horton (P90X guru) something to the effect of;

If you can't stop thinking about something, like sugar, alcohol, etc., then that's a pretty good chance you're addicted and you need to change your ways.

Wow.....he put alcohol in the same sentence as sugar....scary. I've been thinking about this for a while. In fact, here's a true story:

I ate a very healthy lunch today, grilled BBQ chicken with salad. Well, when I got done I just wanted to Hoover cookies, and hoover I did. I ate 4 no-bake cookies. Why? Why did I do that? I know why.....I'm addicted to sugar. It's sad really. I can't seem to go a day without sugar. So I guess the only way to become unaddicted to something is slow and steady. I'll start out with only 1 sweet a day, then I'll go to 1 sweet every other day and so on.

You're going down sugar.....down.

No comments:

Post a Comment