Since my last post, almost 6 months ago, I've made considerable progress, slow, but considerable none-the-less! I'm now down to 196! And my goal was to get below 200, I did it! I'm aware that it is taking me a long time to lose even a little weight, but all I care about is that I'm losing and not gaining! It feels so good to take control of my life and working towards getting a healthier me! If you'd like, you can track my journey in working up to running a 5K! I won't be running competitively or anything, but I'd like to prove to myself that I can do it, and I really want to get back into running! Believe it or not, I used to be a pretty good runner in college! So far, I'm on day 2 of my first week of training and I'm battling back pain, and horrible shin splints, I mean very painful! Jamen said that he felt the same way when he was getting back into shape, so I just need to make it past these next few weeks and get my body past the shock of exercise!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Yippeeeeeeeeee......
Since my last post, almost 6 months ago, I've made considerable progress, slow, but considerable none-the-less! I'm now down to 196! And my goal was to get below 200, I did it! I'm aware that it is taking me a long time to lose even a little weight, but all I care about is that I'm losing and not gaining! It feels so good to take control of my life and working towards getting a healthier me! If you'd like, you can track my journey in working up to running a 5K! I won't be running competitively or anything, but I'd like to prove to myself that I can do it, and I really want to get back into running! Believe it or not, I used to be a pretty good runner in college! So far, I'm on day 2 of my first week of training and I'm battling back pain, and horrible shin splints, I mean very painful! Jamen said that he felt the same way when he was getting back into shape, so I just need to make it past these next few weeks and get my body past the shock of exercise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome! I am impressed for two reasons. 1st...that you are brave enough to admit your weight on your blog. I don't think I would be secure enough even if I only weighed 100 lbs (which will never happen :))
ReplyDeleteAnd 2nd...that you set goals and work towards them no matter how long it takes. I dropped a total of 15 lbs in the entire year that I was running, but I felt so good about myself I didn't care.I would love to run a 5K with you if you are still working at it this spring. I will have to work up to running again after this baby.