Hey there! I cannot believe it has been over a year since I made a new commitment to myself to succeed at weight loss. Obviously, I did not follow through with that commitment, and that makes me sad. To think about where I could be right now if I had just stuck to my plan makes my heart sad. But, I'm here now, using a new program that I've had sitting on my shelf for years. I've always used excuses as to why I couldn't follow through with the 21 Day Fix diet.
"I'm always on the run."
"There's so much preparation."
"My kids won't eat the things on the approved list."
"I need my sugar."
"It's too strict."
I could go on. I am now on Day 8 of the program (previously, I had only made it to day 3 or 4 max), so that's a huge accomplishment for me right there. Don't get me wrong, it is HARD! It takes dedication and a desire to really change. I have that desire. On Day 1 I decided I wanted to do something that would help me "see" my body changing. So I decided to take a selfie every day. It's only been 8 days, but I'm starting to see a change in my face. I chose a selfie because I really want to get my slim face back. That's what I miss the most. I did take full body before pictures, but those won't be shown until Day 21.
I've lost 7 pounds in 8 days....
I like taking pictures of my food......for some reason it makes me proud that I came up with a balanced meal....I know, I'm weird. I've been working extra hard this week to cook for my family the same things I can eat. It doesn't work every night, but we're evolving and learning. Homemade pizza is always a favorite in our house. My boys would prefer 100% white dough, but I'm trying to switch them over so I did 1/2 and 1/2 this time, and loaded my slices with veggies....my boys only like pepperoni and cheese.
The 21 Day Fix diet suggests you use Shakeology, which I love! However.....I just can't afford $100 plus dollars every month for it, so I use a different protein powder. This month it just happens to be Designer Whey, but that could change next month. My all-time favorite protein shake below: chocolate protein powder, banana, spinach, cinnamon, chocolate PB2, ice, and almond milk
Tuna, beet salad with greek yogurt. Wasn't the best, but I choked it down. It had a ton of protein. I don't know why I'm not a fan of greek yogurt....too tangy for me.
And finally, this has become an addiction. I tried Tofu for the first time and really liked it! I stir fried it with green peppers, noodles, beets, and avocado. This will definitely be making it's rounds in my daily diet.....if only my boys liked it. Oh well.....maybe with time.
I DID NOT eat 100% on the plan this past week. I gave myself a cheat night on Friday night. Ate Popeyes and candy at the movies and loved every second of it. Then last night I caved and ate 10 marshmallows. I hate what stress does to your mind and willpower. Other than that, I did not cheat. Stay tuned!






No comments:
Post a Comment