Yes, it's finally clicked in my stubborn head! I can't pin it on one thing or one event, but just in the past 2 weeks, my body has started thinking again! It all started 2 weeks ago when Jamen and I both knew we needed to crack down and work harder to get our bodies in shape. So, I threw out my dinner plan, and started new with healthy recipes. By healthy I mean lots of veggies, lots of salads, fruits, fish for dinner, whole grain bread, desserts only on FHE night or the weekend, etc. I've also been counting calories, I currently get 1200 a day. I don't write it down, because that doesn't work for me, I just keep a running total in my head and love it.
I'VE LOST 5 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess what we're doing is working! One of my secrets is V8 Vegetable Juice. I love it!!!!!!! Plus, it only has 50 calories in an 8 oz. serving. Whenever I get an urge to drink some juice, I just pull out my trusty V8 and it satisfies me until dinner. And since I'm really the only one in the house that likes it, it is always in the fridge. My other secret is to have a good start in the morning. Jamen and I get up at 5:30 every morning to work out and it's really becoming a habit. Then, I always eat a breakfast that is no more than 300 calories. Usually I eat a bowl of oatmeal with an english muffin-YUMMY!!!!!!! In the past, I'd eat a bowl full of cereal, which was at least 800 calories. Not anymore! 800 calories is more than half of the entire day's worth of calories. Totally not worth it!
Sweets are starting to make me sick. For example, today I had a sour cream glazed cake donut, which we love, but when I got done eating it (a whole 370 calories later) I felt guilty and gross inside. I'll stick to strawberries, oranges, carrots, green peppers, and yogurt for snacks. Date night is tonight, so I do plan on splurging a little....but I think every diet needs a little splurge every now and then.
I'm so excited that all this weight loss stuff has finally clicked in my head!
My goal is to be down to 192 by March 20th!

Your amazing Krista! I have always admired your determination. You always accomplish whatever you put your mind to. How do you get your husband to exercise with you? I have always thought that would be the only way to lose weight is to have my husband supporting me with diet and exercise. What a great thing to do together. I am rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Way to take charge of your bod! Have you checked out trainermomma.blogspot.com? She's got some good stuff on there and it's all very busy mom friendly. And have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred? That thing kicks my butt everytime I do it and it only takes 20 mins! Great for the days when I don't have much time.
ReplyDelete